My family and I LOVE COCOUNUT OIL… but I wasn’t always convinced that this oil is FABULOUS for weight loss and health UNTIL I READ A WONDERFUL BOOK called The Healing Miracles of COCONUT OIL by Bruce Fife and attended a eye opening seminar in Sydney
Bruce Fife, author of The Healing Miracles of Coconut Oil explains
What Coconut Oil DOES NOT DO:
- Does not increase blood cholesterol levels
- Does not contribute to atherosclerosis or heart disease
- Does not contribute to weight problems
what Coconut Oil DOES DO
- Reduces the risk of heart disease
- Reduces the risk of cancer and other degenerative conditions
- Helps prevent bacterial, viral and fungal infections
- supports immune system function
- helps control diabetes
- provides an immediate source of energy
- supports healthy metabolic function
- improves digestion and nutrient absorption
- supplies fewer calories than other fats
- promotes weight loss
- helps prevent osteoporosis
- helps skin stay soft and smooth
- helps prevent premature ageing and wrinkling of skin
- functions as a protective antioxidant
This is an impressive list, isn’t it! His book is backed by studies, research and is a very interesting read!
Bruce explains that even though coconut oil is classed as a saturated fat, it is a certain type of saturated fat (medium-chain fatty acid) and promotes good health. If coconut oil was unhealthy it would have been evidenced in populations who have used it for generations. There is no evidence of this. In fact, just the opposite is the case. Those populations who use coconut oil demonstrate a remarkable level of good health.
How does it help you lose weight?
One food can rev up your metabolism even more than protein and that is coconut oil. MCFA (medium chain fatty acid) shift the body’s metabolism into a higher gear , so to speak, so you burn more calories. This happens every time you eat MCFA. Because MCFA increases the metabolic rate, they are dietary fats that can actually promote weight loss! Research supports this view.
In one study, the thermogenic effect of the MCFA was almost twice as high as the LCFA (long chain fatty acid) : 120 calories versus 66 calories. The researchers concluded that the energy supplied with MCFA meant that rather than this fat being stored, it would be burned! Happy days for the weight loss conscious amongst us!
How much do you use a day?
Well my family started with replacing our cooking oil with coconut oil and this was the first step for us.
I then added 1 tablespoon of coconut oil to my daily smoothie or yoghurt or oatmeal.
That is it!
It sounds so simple and the benefits I have seen so far…
My husband Greg decided to ditch sugar and use coconut oil and has lost 10 kilos in the last couple of months
I have noticed my skin and hair to be much healthier
I have lost that little bit of fat that I was holding around my tummy – it is gone!
Here is a photo I just took in the mirror to show you..
So I definately recommend that you do your own research, test and measure coconut oil into your weekly eating plan and let me know what benefits you see and feel from using coconut oil on a regular basis.
Look forward to hearing your feedback and comments